Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Morning Breaks

Yesterday morning Dan and I left home early in the morning when it was still mostly dark outside.  We headed east to a class we were taking together but just a short time later I had to return home on a quick errand.  My back was to the rising sun and what lay ahead of me was inspiring at the least.  I watched as the rays of sunshine gently lowered upon the buildings, the road and the entire scene before me.  There appeared to be a rejoicing in the light and a response to arise to the new day.  It was a beautiful site to observe.  It brought to my mind how much our Heavently Father and His Son, Jesus Christ must love us.  They arranged all things for our good.  They demonstate love and care for everything that surrounds our lives and they allow and encourage us to enjoy and appreciate those beauties.  I was uplifed for the blessing of starting my day as the sun brought not only warmth but also joy and enlightment.  One of my favorite scriptures is found in the Doctrine and Covenants, section D&C, verses 18 and 20:  "Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart."  Thank you Heavenly Father!  That you Jesus Christ! We love you, too!!

No comments: